Aboriginal Guided Tour of Me-Mel (Goat Island) exploring history, culture and artefacts
Tribal Warrior is excited to announce our new immersive, interactive and informative cultural tour of Me-Mel, the largest island in Sydney Harbour. Upon arrival, you’ll be welcomed onto the island with a traditional Aboriginal Ochre and Welcome ceremony, then invited to observe and participate in a cultural song and dance performance and workshop.
Explore the natural and native floral wonders of the island, learning about the history and significance of the island to the Aboriginal peoples of the area.
You’ll even have the opportunity to develop an understanding of the use of traditional artefacts and implements through a demonstration and workshop.
- Traditional Aboriginal welcoming ceremony
- Cultural dance performance and workshop
- Guided tour through the natural and native floral wonders of the island
- Understand the use of traditional artefacts and implements through a demonstration and workshop
- Learn about the history of the island and Sydney Harbour